Today looks like a typical PNW day, but we're in the north of Ireland (different than Northern Ireland).. We spent the night in Donegal . There is Donegal city and Donegal county. The city is within the county.
Today we visited Slieve League, which means mountain of stone pillars in Irish. It is 1,972 ft high mountains in Ireland, the 2nd highest cliffs in Ireland. (higher than the Cliff of Moher). It was a little foggy when we arrive but really beautiful. We walked up the hill (mountain?) and the fog rolled in even more.
We saw heather and shamrocks. Shamrocks, not to be confuse with clover. Shamrock are the shape of a heart.
As the Irish, or maybe everybody, like to do they name their rock formations. Notice the giant's desk and chair.
The Carrigan Head's Tower can be seen from Slieve League. This is a leftover watch tower from the Napoleonic War of 1805. They really knew how to build a tower back then. Too bad they couldn't help that castle we saw a few days ago.
Next we took a boat tour in Killybegs which is the largest fishing village in Ireland. The weather got even better than earlier. The sun came out and no wind. We were entertained by a porpoise. And we went past an organic fish farm
Lastly for the day was a weaving demo. Very interesting but I still couldn't do it and I still don't understand what all the pieces do. There are 4 foot peddles in addition to all the stuff you can see.
Today was the day we were planning on doing laundry. I was excited I found a laundromat so close to our hotel. Tom verified it and said, you know it's outside. Outside?! take a look.
1 comment:
Love the outdoor laundry - wish I was there :-)
Post a Comment